Today has been one of those days...gorgeous inside and out. With the exception of a minor altercation at Home Depot, it has been, for the most part, incredible all the way around.
I hate the cold, and have been dreading the onset of yet another winter; however, today I was given a respite from that dread...70 degrees with only a hint of clouds. Today I was able to sit back and actually appreciate the blaze of autumn colors throughout the valley. I had the time today to spoil my cows with doughnuts and ear scratches, and to even stretch out for a quick nap in the sun.
I don't have many days like this...days where I have the time to enjoy everything around me. My life tends to be hectic and often complicated; true, I bring a lot of the complication on myself, because I am a stubborn and complicated person. However, something has happened recently which has made me realize that it doesn't always need to be this way, and there is room for contentment in my world.
On top of all that, I also had the joy of being given far more credit than I deserve by a person who I believe is really a far stronger person than I. This says so much about the strength of character, and the bond among friends, and I definitely consider her a friend.
Winter is suppose to sneak back this weekend with cold and rain, but for now, I can still take in this day. In fact, it is still in the low 60's, and I am considering sneaking outside for a quick walk just to take in the night air. Tomorrow will more than likely have it all back to normal, but for today, it's all good.
It's all Good!
ReplyDelete;)